New Year’s Eve is just around the corner and I thought that after the Harry Potter Christmas themed festivities you might want to organize for you and your friends a Great Gatsby Party. So how can you organize such a feast?
1. Start decorating for your Great Gatsby party
To organize your space to look as a picture from the Great Gatsby you will need some:
– metallic chairs and tables
– chandeliers and candelabras (if they are gold colored, even better)
– strings of pearls; you can add this item anywhere you want, so let your imagination go wild because there can never be too many pearls
– large feathers; put them in vases on your table
2. Be sure you have the right music
When creating a Great Gatsby party you need yourself good jazz music. Depending on where you throw your party, you can either hire a band or put your own music (a retro music device will also be a huge success)
3. Send out invitations
Your invitations should be physically sent out to your friends and not emailed. They should have a vintage look and should specify the hour when your Great Gatsby party will start. Expect your friends to be late if they will really get into your party theme.
4. Dress in the 1920’s-style
Maybe is just me, but I find that fashion period amazing, so dressing accordingly should be so much fun. Tell your friends to try and add at least one 1920’s fashion item to their appearances.
5. There’s no Great Gatsby party without champagne
It’s a party, so of course, you need to serve food and drinks. You can make signature cocktails, but don’t forget to have lots and lots of champagne bottles, because there can be no Great Gatsby Party without champagne.
Have fun organizing your New Year’s Eve celebration! You can add anything else from the book or movies that you liked and I didn’t mention, but be sure to leave the heartbreak and drama out.